Celebrating Mother’s Day, Patagonia Films has released their latest short film, North Shore Betty – You’re Never too Old to Send. Patagonia’s 12-minute film is about 73-year old mountain biker, Betty Birrell and her inspiring life riding mountain bikes in North Vancouver, British Columbia.
After nearly 30 years on the harrowing and hallowed trails of British Columbia’s North Shore Mountains, Betty Birrell still thinks life is one big playground—and that you’re never too old to send. Betty started mountain biking after her career as a mountaineer and professional windsurfer. Three decades later, Betty Birrell is a role model for her son, her friends and anyone she’s met over the years. She’s living proof that you’re never too old to send.
For more about Betty Birrell’s life as an inspiring mountain biker, click here:
Watch Patagonia Films short film, North Shore Betty – You’re Never too Old to Send, here:
- Directors: Travis Rummel // Felt Soul Media & Darcy Hennessey Turenne // Well Travelled Collective
- Edited By: Nico Frank // Friendly Neighbor
- Cinematographers: Scott Secco, Joey Schusler & Travis Rummel Producers: Travis Rummel & Darcy Hennessey Turenne
- Executive Producers: Monika McClure, Alex Lowther, Sakeus Bankson & Jimmy Hopper
- Original Composition: Jeff Melanson // Friendly Neighbor
Dirt Roamer Series
Invest the sweat. Get paid in gravity. Patagonia’s Dirt Roamer Series is a fun-hungry, consciously constructed line of MTB apparel so elite, it’s usually reserved for podiums and Strava records.
Shop Men’s Mountain Biking Clothing
Shop Women’s Mountain Biking Clothing
Best Guided Adventures In Squamish, British Columbia
Top Adventure Sports Towns: Squamish, British Columbia, Canada
Best Guided Backcountry Skiing Adventures in British Columbia
Spread. Love. With Bold Florals + Phychedelic Geometrics
Are You Prepared To Be Rescued?
Betty Designs Is Pushing Design Boundaries In The Endurance Sports Industry