Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...
In 2023, the GMC Canyon receives a ground-up redesign. The AT4X model, a Colorado ZR2 sibling, boosts off-road performance while adding a dash of luxury at a hefty price tag.
- The Chevy Colorado ZR2 will have a sibling in the GMC Canyon AT4X, available in 2023.
- GMC has redesigned its mid-size truck with wider tracks and powerful proportions.
- The new Canyon features a redesigned interior with an 11.3-inch touchscreen, along with an exterior that’s been beefed up for maximum protection.
- Reservations for the 2023 GMC Canyon AT4X Edition 1 are open now, with MSRP starting at $63,350.
GMC introduced the next-generation Canyon lineup, which includes the first-ever AT4X. New exterior styling, redesigned wheels and tires, and a new interior are part of the improvements made across the lineup, along with a new premium suite of advanced technology. Built from the ground up for off-road terrain, the next-generation Canyon is ready for any adventure.
Building on the success of AT4, the AT4X sub-brand is the ultimate expression of GMC’s commitment to delivering serious off-road capability. First introduced on the 2022 Sierra, the AT4X trim has quickly become synonymous with robust off-road credibility. Inspired by the Canyon AT4 concept first introduced in 2021, the Canyon AT4X boasts a factory lifted, ultra-wide track to elevate the off-road performance and capability.
The 2023 GMC Canyon will be the first midsize truck on the market to offer a suite of segment-first key features, including:
- Available underbody cameras, including front- and rear-facing views underneath the vehicle
- Available Head-Up Display
- Fully digital driver information center
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility.
- Available Google built-in (Google Automotive Services)
The Canyon AT4X will also be the only trim to offer the available Edition 1* package which includes:
- Front and Rear Facing Underbody Cameras with Wash Function
- Off-Road Front Bumper with Safari Bar
- Front 30” Off-Road Grille Light Bar
- Winch by COMEUP
- 17” Beadlock Capable wheels
- Re-configurable Bed Rail System
- Performance Front Skid Plate
- Unique Edition 1 Tailgate Badge
The 2023 Canyon is set to begin initial production in early 2023 with AT4X in spring 2023.
The new AT4X will come at an MSRP of over $64,000, nearly $20,000 more than the Colorado ZR2’s base price. The price puts it beyond range of beasts like the Ford F-150 Raptor and Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, and closer to the off-roading Bronco Raptor. According to GMC, the price of the new Canyon trims will also be going up, starting at an estimated $41,495. The AT4 was the most popular Canyon model in the last generation, but it will start at a more reasonable $42,495.
Reservations for the 2023 GMC Canyon AT4X Edition 1 are open now, with MSRP starting at $63,350.
With a strong foundation of manufacturing trucks since 1902 and now selling in a dozen countries across the world, GMC offers purpose-built vehicles designed and engineered to the highest standard. From the all-new compact SUV Terrain to the Sierra HD, our trucks and crossovers deliver GMC’s signature combination of intuitive technologies and premium execution, with the popular Denali representing the pinnacle of GMC design, performance and amenities. Details on all GMC models are available at www.gmc.com, on Twitter at @GMC or at www.facebook.com/gmc.