State Bicycle Co. and the Wu-Tang Clan Bring The Ruckus
State Bicycle Co. is excited to pay tribute to the legendary Wu-Tang Clan with three of their most popular models, as well as parts and softgoods to match. State’s 6061 Black Label, Core Line, and Klunker all get the Wu-Tang treatment for this collaboration.
State Bicycle Co.’s affinity for Wu-Tang dates back nearly a decade, when State celebrated the 20 year anniversary of the album 36 Chambers with the Wu-Tang Brand. Now, the legendary Hip Hop group is at it again, collaborating with State Bicycle Co. for a complete line of bikes, apparel and accessories celebrating Wu-Tang’s legacy and lasting cultural impact.
Parts and accessories including bar tape, saddles and a wheelset ensure that Wu-Tang flair can be added to any bike you please, or serve as collectable pieces for fans everywhere. State’s Sustainable Clothing Collection, with REPREVE® fabrics, also makes an appearance with tech-ts, jerseys, bibs and caps to show your love on or off the bike.
State’s Classic Bikes Get The Killa Beez Treatment
The State Klunker is a retro-inspired, mash-up of beach cruiser, mountain bike, and BMX bike. Built on a classic-styled steel frame with simple coaster brakes, then outfitted with BMX handlebars and mountain bike tires for any road or trail surface.
- Sized for riders 5’5″ to 6’3″
- Frame: Durable Steel Frame & Fork w/ 5 Year Warranty
- Handlebars: BMX Style V-bar with 7″ rise, 30” extra-wide with custom Wu-Tang Clan Grips
- Wheels: Extra Durable 36h BMX Style Rim w/ with CST Patrol 2.4″ tires
- Saddle: Retro-style Leatherette Comfort Saddle
- Gear: 42t Crank with 22t Coaster Style Cog for cruising
- Brakes: Coaster Brake – Just Pedal Backwards
- Pedals: Flat MTB Style Platform Pedals
- Extras: Bottle Opener Included
- MSRP: $499.99 (complete)
The Core Line truly reflects the ethos of State, with a classic look and serious value. A mainstay of the fixed gear/singlespeed world, this bike is what put State on the map. The 4130 steel frame provides a compliant ride without sacrificing durability. A flip-flop hub allows the rider to ride fixed or freewheel while the Cult x Vans waffle pattern grips will keep you comfortable and riding hassle-free for years to come.
- Frame: Durable Steel Frame ft. Seat Stay Rack Mounts and Cable Stops
- Dropouts: Horizontal Dropouts ft. Integrated Chain-Tensioners
- Wheelset: Deep V Wheel Set ft. 40 mm High-Flange Hubs w/ Sealed Bearings
- Flip-Flop hub: Includes 16T Freewheel and Fixed Gear Cog – Easily Ride Fixed Gear or Single Speed
- Gear ratio: 44×16
- Handlebars: Choose Riser Bars w/ Wu-Tang Grips (Standard) or Bullhorn or Drop Bars w/ Bar Tape
- Brakes: Front & Rear Caliper Hand Brakes
- Pedals: Platform Pedals
- Saddle: Synthetic Leather Saddle w/ Steel Rails
- 4 frame sizes to fit any Rider Height from 5’0″ to 6’2″
- Weight: 24 lb 8 oz (Size 54cm Frame as Pictured)
- MSRP: $450.00 (complete), $199.99 (frameset)
6061 Black Label
The 6061 Black-Label is the perfect tool for navigating the streets. Built on an agile and ultra-light, double-butted 6061 Aluminum frame with a tapered head tube and featuring an Essor USA full carbon fork, the Black Label Series is a stiff and responsive ride.
The Black Label Series complete builds are available in a wide range of colors, including ultra-limited single production-run colorways and are stacked deep with premier parts and components. The CNC’d crank set is lightweight but rigid, featuring a 144 BCD that allows for a wide variety of chainring options. A set of mid-profile wheels equipped with low-flange, sealed hubs are durable enough to take a beating on the city streets, but light enough for crit races or endurance rides. With the Black Label Series, you have the option to choose either stylish, wide riser bars or compact drop bars that provide comfort and quick transitions between hand positions.
- Frame: 6061-Grade Double-Butted Aluminum w/ Tapered Head Tube
- Fork: Full Carbon Fiber Fork & Steer Tube by Essor USA
- Dropouts: Aluminum-Plated Horizontal Dropouts
- Wheelset: Black Label Mid Profile Wheels
- Flip-Flop hub: Sealed, Low-Flange Hub – Easily Ride Fixed Gear or Single Speed (w/ addition of freewheel)
- Crank: CNC’d Black Label Track Crank – 170 mm
- Chainring: 144 BCD
- Gear ratio: 48×16
- Headset: FSA No.42/ACB – Integrated and Sealed
- Stem: Oversized 31.8 mm Clamp Diameter w/ 90 mm ext.
- Handlebars: Compact Drop Bar or Wide Riser Bars w/ Wu-Tang Grips
- Brakes: Front and Rear Caliper Hand Brakes
- Pedals: Includes Alloy Pedals from Wellgo w/ Toe Cages
- Seatpost: 27.2 mm
- Saddle: Premium Aerodynamic Race Saddle
- Tires: CST 25c Tire Set
- Size: 6 Frame Sizes to fit any Rider Height from 4’10” to 6’6″ (Size 55 cm Pictured)
- Weight: 17 lb 11 oz w / Wide Riser Bars or 17 lb 14 oz w/ Compact Drop Bars (Size 55 cm Frame)
- MSRP: $749.99 (complete), $399.99 (frameset)
Parts & Accessories
These components and accessories are perfect as collectibles or for showing your Wu-Tang love on an existing bike.
W Grips ($15.99)
Each cycling jersey and bib set in the State Bicycle Co. Sustainable Clothing Collection is constructed with REPREVE®, a polyester primarily recycled from water bottles. Performance and quality have not been spared in the name of sustainability. This collection emphasizes exquisite fit, top performance, and attention to detail.
About Wu-Tang Clan
Wu-Tang Clan is an American hip hop group from Staten Island, New York City, originally composed of East Coast rappers RZA, GZA, Ol’ Dirty Bastard, Method Man, Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, Inspectah Deck, U-God, Cappadona and Masta Killa.
About State Bicycle Co.
When we say State Bicycle Co. is rider-developed, we mean it. In 2009, State was launched by three Arizona cycling addicts with big dream. The goal was and remains: to produce premiere quality, aesthetically striking bicycles at a fantastic price.